Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Jambe Longue et le Pirate Sans Nez

$ 3.99 Click here for iTunes page.


This app is visually stunning, with good audio (voice, music, sound effects), however other things left it lacking.



First of all, it was challenging trying to change the version from English to French. You need to click on the key (or Options), then "Language", then pick "Français". No explanations or directions, you just gotta figure it out.

After that, it took some time for me to figure out how to start the story (have to click on "Home", then "Debut"). Maybe there's a learning curve here for me so far as apps go. Infants probably have a better intuition for these things than I do at this early stage in my app exploration.

The book started off promisingly enough, will a scroll that you need to touch to unroll:


However, after that, the only interactive thing to do in this book was to turn the page.

The language was much too difficult for Beginner French students, using the passé simple, indicating that this is a book designed for French first language children.


But with 40 beautifully illustrated pages and accompanying music, audio and sound efects, I would say this book is worth the $3.99 for entertainment value alone. I just wish it was more interactive.

Below is a quick video clip of this app:


My rating: 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment